Quicklee’s has been proudly owned and operated by the Bruckel family since 1995. It was founded by Peter Bruckel, Quicklee’s President and Managing Member (as well as an Avon native and avid opportunist).
The business quickly grew and Peter’s four children soon joined him as part owners of Quicklee’s (Jennifer Perelli, Joshua Bruckel, Jacqueline Bruckel, Justin Bruckel). Their involvement in the business and community continues to strengthen relationships, improve offerings and help provide quality service to all that we serve.
In 1995, Peter had an opportunity and a vision - he knew that surrounding communities could benefit from a convenient store that offered what others were not. As a well-rounded entrepreneur, he incorporated fast food restaurants and car washes into the key offerings at the first four convenience stores. These hybrid convenience stores have provided and continue to provide countless offerings to a growing list of local communities.
The Growth of Quicklee’s
Since opening more than 20 years ago, Peter Bruckel opened Quicklee’s first location in Avon, NY on 390, exit 9. Over 11 years, he added three more locations in Geneseo, Webster and Henrietta, with all four locations built from the ground up. Now, through acquisitions and existing sites, there are 21—soon to be 22—locations throughout Upstate NY. 2019 saw Quicklee's celebrate the opening of five new locations and continue to expand its footprint. In 2020, Quicklee's will open a second travel center in Belmont in Allegany County.
A New Era
As the convenience store industry continues to grow and change, Quicklee’s has stayed at the forefront by adding a new state-of-the-art travel center off of I-390 south, open 24 hours. In addition to a fully stocked convenience store, it offers a car wash, Dunkin’ Donuts and Calabresella's New York Style Deli, along with a truck stop equipped with a diesel mechanic shop, overnight parking, showers and laundry.
THROUGH THE YEARS
- 1995First location opens in Avon
- 1998Second location opens in Geneseo
- 2002Third location opens in Webster
- 2004Stores are converted from Hess to Mobil and a supply agreement is made with Reid Petroleum of Lockport
- 2006Fourth location opens in Henrietta
- 2010Acquired three locations (Bloomfield, Lakeville and Avon Village)
- 2013Development of convenience store brand, Quicklee’s, with The Business Advisors LLC
- 2013Development of exterior and interior store design model for Quicklee’s chain with D/Fab
- 2013Acquired five more locations (Two in Watertown, Henrietta, Avon, Bath)
- 2014Raze and rebuild Bloomfield gas station and convenience store
- 2015Acquired Honeoye Falls location
- 2015Added laserwash to Bloomfield location
- 2016Acquired Gates laserwash and station
- 2016Break ground on the new travel center in Avon
- 2017Opening of the travel center in Avon
- 2017Acquired Greece location
- 2017Launched Quicklees Customer Rewards loyalty program
- 2018Acquired a second location in Bath and acquired location in Fairport
- 2018 Acquired Penfield Mobil Mart on the SW corner of 441 and 250 in Penfield
- 2019Renovates stores in East Bloomfield, Fairport and Penfield.
- 2019Acquired two additional locations in Penfield for a total of 21 locations.
- 2020Construction is in progress on a second travel center, off I-86 at Crossroads in Belmont. This will be Quicklee's 22nd location and second travel center!